Monday, December 23, 2013

HOLIDAZE 2013: 'TWAS CHRISTMAS TOLD THE MERRIEST TALE- "RISE, ROBOT, RISE!"



Of all the holiday-themed photos I took, "Rise, Robot, Rise!" was one of the more spontaneous.

After shooting for two days in the cramped Christmas Tree "set," I had gotten pretty much everything I saw in my head at first for the concept. This one, though, was me playing around with toy "actors," totally inspired by my obsession with robots. 

I've collected robots my entire life, and the ones in this shot are definitely special to me. The big grey guy and the blue chap are gifts from my creative partner-in-crime, and the other half of The Brothers Strange, Dr. Eduardo Strange. Little dude peeking over the edge is a piece that I own, but also gave to all my close friends for Christmas one year as a shared memento. 

Previously I've mentioned my love of dinosaurs. I couldn't help but include this Brontosaurus because of the expression on his face. He has a genuine look of surprise, like he's giddy and nervous.