Thursday, December 26, 2013

HOLIDAZE 2013: TIME OF THE DOCTOR

I wanted to bring Holidaze 2013 to a close in very much the same way it began: with a gift.


First and foremost created as my Christmas gift to my lady, The Doctor here was also meant to commemorate Matt Smith's final episode "Time of The Doctor," as well as tip my hat to the BBC and their annual Christmas specials. 


While Christopher Eccleston's Doctor is still my favorite, I did warm up to Matt Smith's 11th incarnation. When I saw the purple suit, I knew I had to make this specific version-- it's right up there with The War Doctor as my favorite costumes worn by The Doctor. It's the perfect blend of the modern era (the boots, shorter slacks), and Victorian gentleman, or a character from an HG Welles story... perfect for The Last Timelord.


                            

Completed in the early hours of Christmas, The 11th Doctor was constructed primarily from a Marvel Universe Professor X body and an old Han Solo head I found in the Fodder Graveyard. Chuck's tie was removed and replaced with a bow tie hand-sculpted from Green Stuff.

Probably my definitive statement on The 11th Doctor, I'm very happy with how this one turned out, as well as the ecstatic reaction. It won't be the last time The Doctor and I meet, however. I hear another TARDIS approaching...