Tuesday, January 22, 2013

CUSTOM CON 33 ENTRY: VICTOR ZSASZ

Victor Zsasz is the last of my Custom Con 33 entries, and, possibly, my favorite, due to the level of detail. Based on the serial killer who makes a score mark on his body for every victim, I discovered Mr. Zsasz much later, but found him disturbing/endearing enough for Batman's rogues' gallery.
Produced in February 2012, Victor Zsasz was, I feel, a breakthrough piece for me. He features one of my most detailed paint jobs-- featuring TONS of washes-- right down to the most minute detail. I have a couple different favorite features: The blood detail on his feet make them look real and Zsasz's two different color eyes. While doing research, I found sources that said Zsasz had blue eyes, and others that said green. Inspired by David Bowie, I split the difference and gave him both.
When people ask me which piece I'm most proud of, out of everything I've done so far, I usually show them these pictures. He seems like such a basic, simple design, but it's the simplicity that's deceptive-- making him look like a real, 4" tall person was no small feat.
NEXT TIME: NEW EXPERIMENTS FOR 2013 FROM THE LAB!