Tuesday, January 8, 2013

CUSTOM CON 33 ENTRY: THE 9 LIVES OF SELINA KYLE

As crazy as it sounds, I never truly appreciated Catwoman until I saw Anne Hathaway's portrayal in Chris Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises. I loved her take-- a bad-ass, morally ambiguous grifter/ con woman that you never fully trust, even though Batman does. I guess that sums up their relationship...
Completed in 2012, Catwoman was another early piece for Gotham's Most Wanted, and the epitome of a lazy bastard custom-- a GI Joe movie Baroness with a head from the third party sculptor. The figure originally had a different head, based off of a 25th Anniversary Scarlet, but I was never truly pleased with it.
While I've always loved Catwoman's design from Batman Returns, I wanted to leave that alone a little bit, and kinda combine it with Darwin Cooke's head design with the cat-eye goggles. When I spotted that head sculpt online, I had to snag it, and now I'm totally happy with the piece. Right now, I don't see myself making another for quite some time.
NEXT TIME: "O FRABJOUS DAY! CALLOOH! CALLAY!"