Friday, December 28, 2012

CUSTOMCON 33 ENTRY: THE DOCTOR IS IN

If hard pressed, I'd have to say that The Scarecrow is my favorite Batman villain. I love that, just like The Batman, Scarecrow uses fear, misdirection, and illusion as weapons, plus he's a brilliant doctor and professor who can go toe-to-toe intellectually with The Dark Knight. When creating Gotham's Most Wanted, I knew the line wouldn't be complete without him.
Produced in 2011, this piece actually pre-dates my Arkham-inspired Scarecrow, and was one of the first villains created for Gotham's Most Wanted. He is predominantly a GI Joe movie Storm Shadow and Cobra Commander legs, with the head from a godawful Mattel 5" Scarecrow figure from the Batman Begins line.
Since Gotham's Most Wanted is set in 1939, I went with a mad scientist-inspired design, like something out of the classic Universal Frankenstein film... just with a little bit of extra blood spatter. My take on the character is a twisted physician who experiments on his "patients" while they're still alive, in an effort to find the perfect fear toxin...