Wednesday, December 5, 2012

BATMANIA DAY 3: "BANG. YOU'RE DEAD."

My first memory of Deadshot is as a kid. After coming back from a night on the town with my Dad that included a screening of Tim Burton's first Batman, my Mom gave me a little bedtime reading: a trade paperback of THE GREATEST BATMAN STORIES EVER TOLD. As the title suggests, it's filled with some of the best Batman stories ever, but I was fixated with Deadshot and that amazing design.
The hit man otherwise known as Floyd Lawton was produced in April of 2012 and consists mainly of 25th Anniversary Snake Eyes parts. The wrist-mounted machine guns were bits of weapons scrap from my workbench. His design is inspired by the look he's had for decades, as well as his appearance in Arkham City.
Now that I've completed Deadshot in his usual attire, I'm tempted to do my take on Lawton as he appeared in the Batman: Gotham Knight DVD movie: Dress suit with stylish hat, pencil-thin mustache, and high-tech sniper rifle.
"YOU'RE EITHER THE BRAVEST MAN I'VE EVER FACED, OR A COMPLETE FOOL, BATMAN!"