Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WHEN HELL IS FULL, THE DEAD WILL WALK THE EARTH

Inspired by my love of zombies and designs from the game DUST, here're a pair of "Unmensch," German for "monster" or "brute." They're assembled from GI Joes and 6" Marvel figure parts I had in the fodder graveyard.
MK I (Produced Summer 2011):
My first attempt at the character. I'm still pleased with the paint application and the clunkiness of the robot gloves. The gloves left something to be desired, which led to the construction of a new pair, and, ultimately, a new figure...
MK II (Produced Fall 2012):
Hasbro's Zombie Viper figure's sculpt was so insanely good that it needed a gross, realistic paint job to match. This Unmensch is less pristine than his intact counterpart. His decomposition is more advanced; pieces of his scalp are missing, and maggots have set into his face. Even better, his hands have much more articulation, allowing each individual finger to move... to get ahold of his prey as he lumbers toward them and never lets go. My favorite detail, though, is one you can't see: His one good eye can glow in the dark.
MORE UPDATES COMING SOON... UNMENSCH WILL MEET THEIR MAKER...