Friday, October 19, 2012

"IT'S ALIVE! ALIVE!"

What's Halloween without a mad scientist? Allow me to introduce Dr. Clockwork, an original Batman villain I created. He's made from GI Joes, Star Wars pieces, and nightmares. He was produced in Summer 2011 and features heavy use of the modern update to my favorite GI Joe figure ever: The Battle Android Trooper (B.A.T.)
In an effort to create the perfect super-soldier and fueled by an endless research & development fund, Dr. Clockwork performed hundreds of twisted experiments... unfortunately, they were successful.
One of my favorite features of the B.A.T. (aside from the boss lenticular chest sticker) as a kid was the swappable weapon arms he conveniently carried in his backpack. When I saw the 25th Anniversary version's wicked takes on the arsenal, I knew they had to be for a villain.
The Unmensch were Clockwork's first attempt, but they were deemed a failure. Rumor has it the "good" doctor has started experimenting with human and animal DNA, and that he's unleashed the results into Gotham's sewers... ANOTHER, NEW SINISTER THREAT FOR THE BATMAN, NEXT TIME...