Wednesday, October 24, 2012

"EGGCELENT. I MIGHT EVEN GO AS FAR AS TO SAY... EGGSQUISITE."

October and Halloween, to me, aren't complete without a marathon of classic black & white B-movies starring The Man Himself, VINCENT PRICE. Mr. Price and horror are synonymous, but instead of choosing any number of his immortal villains, I went with a childhood favorite: CRIMINAL MASTERMIND THE EGGHEAD!
Created specifically for the 1966 Batman TV show and later integrated into the DC Universe, I don't see Egghead as an egg-themed Z-lister with bad puns and cheesy schemes... Instead, he's an actual threat for The Batman: A true criminal mastermind able to match wits with The Dark Knight Detective.
Produced throughout October 2012 and officially completed October 24th, Egghead primarily consists of a Cobra Commander and a heavily modified Star Wars head I found in the graveyard. I handled the sculpting duties, while my roommate Ilkhan Draconis-- a HUGE Vincent Price fan-- painted the head and facial features.
Here, Egghead poses with just a fraction of his vast wealth; small trophies and monuments to being able to outsmart The Caped Crusader... for now. NEXT TIME: DER ROTE SCHÄDEL...