Sunday, October 13, 2013

CREATURE FEATURE 2013: WHO YOU GONNA CALL?

One year ago today, I launched Strange Labs with a post about my custom, unnamed rookie Ghostbuster... it was fairly straight-forward, but laid the groundwork for where I am today. As a little celebration of the site's birthday, I wanted to revisit him... this time with a new mission, in new surroundings, with one very special guest...

"Rookie to Ghostbusters HQ. Either this is the place, or the set of Sanford & Son. No sign of whoever reported the disturbance."

"Heard something move inside... goin' in."

"This is nothing like the simulations... I don't remember feeling anything like this."
"Ghostbusters HQ to Rookie: Easy, kid. Probably fluctuations in magnetic fields."

"I don't see anything, guys... maybe a crank call...?"
"What do your instruments say, kid? Don't trust your eyes."

"Pretty far into the facility now, HQ. I'm getting readings, but haven't seen or heard anything!"

"Power's out, guys. Repeat, there has been a power outage--"
"Hold on, kid! Get ready!"

"False alarm, HQ. Power's back on... trigger finger still itchy, though. Gave me a pretty good scare--"

"Uh-oh. Looks like I spoke too soon!"

"Ghostbusters HQ! Ghostbusters HQ! I am engaging the entity!"
"Move quick, boy! Shoot and throw the trap like I showed you!"