Monday, April 20, 2015

LOST IN LEGOLAND


Strange Labs is honored to be showing at Bear & Bird Gallery (http://www.bearandbird.com) once again for their 5th annual Square Show exhibit. The group show, which runs March 13th-May 2nd, 2015 is locals-only and features talented artists of all ages, mediums, and backgrounds. This time around, I debuted "Lost In LEGOLAND"-- what I hope is the first in a series of LEGO-themed images to honor my favorite toy and the brand's 75th birthday. 

This particular toyscape is inspired by the classic LEGO Creator bucket sets, and features pieces that date back to my childhood collection (specifically the bricks with the eye and smile, as well as the floating yellow head). My goal is for the Little Spaceman to visit all of the different LEGO themes, starting with favorites like Classic Space, Classic Castle, and Pirates!

For those that can't make it down to sunny South Florida, here's a shot of "Lost In LEGOLAND" on the wall:


Keep it locked to Strange Labs… very excited to show some projects I've been prototyping in secret for over a year, as well as a ton of surprises...