Monday, October 6, 2014

SPARTAN



Spartan originally started as a Bandai Sprukit. It immediately caught my eye at a local Toys R Us, so I grabbed it and did a quick repaint. Highly articulated with a great design, this guy's from a line of other robots. There are also licensed kits of HALO's Master Chief and various Batman characters, but I haven't seen them in person just yet. 

The piece is a perfect example of a project that begins as its own thing, then evolves into something much more different. Spartan was initially created for an art challenge that my close friends and I did... while working on the piece, though, I slowly started coming up with a story and background for him and decided to incorporate the character into TOYLAND, my next major project, currently in pre-production. 


The creation of Spartan then led to other characters and an entirely new, different plot and story for TOYLAND. Getting VERY close to production, and I can't wait to share my most ambitious project yet. 

It's a doozy.