Saturday, September 28, 2013

GOTHAM'S MOST WANTED 2: RIDDLE ME THIS...


It was the uber-brilliant actor/impersonator Frank Gorshin that made me fall in love with Edward Nigma. As an elementary schooler, I was obsessed with the 1960s Batman TV show that was re-running then on cable, and every time The Riddler made an appearance, it was a treat. To this day, nobody's quite been able to do what Gorshin did nearly 50 years ago. As I got older, the more sinister, calculating super-genius from Batman: The Animated Series became my go-to reference for the character. 


Much like The Penguin, this Riddler had a previous, less successful incarnation. Just like his avian pal, I really disliked the original base head I'd chosen, and it kept me from feeling like he piece was truly done. When brainstorming the second series of Gotham's Most Wanted, I knew Mr. Nigma had to be a part of the line-up, so I chose a new, more appropriate head (from the 3.75" Abrams Star Trek line), new bowler hat (from the accessories Graveyard), and new coat, all topped off with a vibrant lime green. His color scheme is inspired by his Animated Series counterpart, with a little more mobster grime added. 

My favorite part of the custom is that cocky little smirk, like he's got something on his mind that he's not telling...

"RIDDLE ME THIS, BATMAN: What looks like a bat, but has four wheels and is under MY COMPLETE CONTROL?"