Thursday, June 13, 2013

YOU WILL BE UPGRADED!


Though I've always liked the idea of the character, I don't know a whole lot about Doctor Who, but I'm invested enough in the character to do the research and rerun analysis. I've seen enough to realize that The Doctor has some fantastic villains with amazing visuals, almost enough to rival The Batman himself... just kiddin'. While I have been commissioned to produce a number of Doctor Who's rogues, I wanted to start with the Cybermen because, well, I love robots, and, being early villains, they've got quite a history with our favorite traveler of time & space...


Completed in June 2013, Cyberman is a slightly modded, fairly basic repaint of the Marvel Universe Iron Man figure. The piece was deceptively simple, and remained about 95% done for weeks until I cracked the way to add the tubing detail to the sides of his head while retaining the figure's articulation... a true forehead-slapping moment where I saw the greebles on my bench and attached them immediately. 



"Ah-- Doctor! We have not met you in this form! YOU WILL BE UPGRADED!"


COMING UP: THE ONE HONEST COP IN GOTHAM CITY, WHO KNOWS WHAT EVIL LURKS IN THE HEARTS OF MEN?